PHASE 2: Main CleanseJan 13, 2021
PHASE 2: MAIN CLEANSE
Do you have more energy after Phase 1? I sure do.
Eating mostly fresh food helps alkalize the blood and cleanse the intestinal tract.
Now on to Phase 2 – the Main Cleanse
Overview of Daily Protocol
- Oil Pull
- Ghee in warm milk
- Gentle movement: Walk, Yoga, Qi Gong
- OPTIONAL: Coffee Enema (SEE POST ON HOW TO)
What you will eat: Three NON-FAT meals daily
- Kitchari (same time each day)
- Steamed veggies (very soft, easy to digest)
- Green apple (very soft, easy to digest)
- Green tonic (optional)
1. OIL PULL (also known as Kavala or gundusha)
Oil Pulling is 'the practice' of swishing oil around in your mouth to draw out toxins.
What Oil to Use:
Most recommended oil is Coconut
While you can get the same bacteria-fighting benefits with sesame or sunflower oil, coconut oil has the added benefit of lauric acid, which is well-known for its anti-microbial agents, making it more effective. Also, a recent study found that coconut oil may help prevent tooth decay.
Oil Pull Protocol
Oil pulling is done upon awakening, before brushing your teeth.
- Place 1 tablespoon of preferred oil in your mouth
- Swish oil around, start with 5 min and work up to 20 min (I do it while taking a shower)
- DO NOT SWALLOW - it contains toxins
- Spit into the trash can (can clog drain)
- Brush your teeth
2. TAKE HERBS
Colon Cleanse or Triphala, SCRAM (may want to take SCRAM with food)
3. MORNING GHEE
The best way to take the ghee:
- Warm the jar of ghee under hot water. This is to warm just enough of the amount of ghee you need so you can scoop your teaspoons straight from the jar.
- Warm about 3/4 cup of soy, rice, almond, or raw milk.
- Put the prescribed ghee dosage into 1/2 cup of warmed milk. (Save 1/4 cup of plain warm milk to chase the ghee).
- Drink the ghee-milk mixture.
- Chase with the 1/4 cup of pure, plain warmed milk.
( Since I don't drink milk, I put it in coffee or herbal tea.)
Increase Ghee Daily
- Day 1: 2 teaspoons
- Day 2: 3 teaspoons
- Day 3: 4 teaspoons
- Day 4: 4 teaspoons
- Day 5: 5 teaspoons
- Day 6: 5 teaspoons
- Day 7: 6 teaspoons
- Day 8: 6 teaspoons
- Day 9: 7 teaspoons
- Day 10: 8 teaspoons
4. GENTLE MOVEMENT: Walk, Yoga, Qi Gong
- Pull a card from an oracle deck with which you have a strong connection. Do not read the description.
- Study the card
- What does the graphic say to you?
- Does the card say something?
- Journal about the first thing that comes to mind. Don't overthink it.
- Where do you feel it's meaning in your body? Your past? Your present? Your future? The world?
7. OPTIONAL: Coffee Enema 1-2 times a day (before meal)
Link to How to do a Coffee Enema
The One Golden Rule during Phase 2 is after morning ghee, eat a NON-FAT diet, including no avocados, nuts, seeds, and oils.
If you eat fat – your body will burn dietary fat, not yours. When you release fat, you release toxins.
One of the goals of this diet is to heal the gut. If you can digest anything, you can also detox anything because you use the same channels for both.
WHAT TO EAT:
- Kitchari – three times a day (look for recipe in another post)
- Eat at the same time each day
- Steamed Organic Fresh veggies - soft and easy to digest
- Green tonic (optional) (Link to Green Drink Post)
- 1-2 green apples - tart, low in sugar
OPTION: 100g meat protein if needed - Chichen, turkey.
What is Kitchari?
Kitchari is mung beans and Basmati Rice. It's called 'baby food' in India because it is so healing to the intestinal wall.
Options: Replace mung beans with lentils or Rice with quinoa
- Make enough Kitchari for 2-3 days. (see post with recipe)
- When reheating, add fresh organic veggies and water to thin
NOTE: I make Kitchari without the spices so I can change up the flavor. Only one flavor option for 10-days can get old real quick.
Ways you can change it up:
- Breakfast: cinnamon or pumpkin spice with a 1/2 green apple
- Lunch: traditional spices (see post for recipe) There are also options posted in the Common Room under recipes.
- Dinner: plain with a little salt
This is a time to detox the mind, body, and spirit.
- Shut off the news: I know there's a great deal going on in the world, but at least limit the news.
- Do mindful movement daily
- Declutter, purge, and organize
- Give yourself a foot massage
- Raise the vibration of your food with a gratitude prayer.
- Feeling emotional or teary is normal during a cleanse, you're releasing. Surrender and let the tears flow.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.